arcai's favorite network tools
network Tools (3)
My favorite network tools collection, if you are netcut user, you may found this useful/interesting or worth to try out. I would only list those that are free and actually does the work. no garbage tools here.
A sniffer is must have for network guy.
A good sniffer need to be
1. Allow filter. (too much noise)
2. Understand OSI model and be able to translate before hands (I am not going back to tcpdump, and you don't want neither)
3. Allow generate report by filter.
4. Be able to read at Gb/seconds speed
5. Free. (I remember first windows sniffer was asking 1000 Pounds per user license back in 1997, where snort are about to born)
6. a Good sniffer should be able to tell you is there a NetCut running in your network
With above 3, I am happy with it. So, here comes list. (if you feel a missing, please let me know
I am not sure how many of you are using tools as "IP scanner", or angry xxx, or super scanner etc etc.. If you have ever get hands on nmap, you could shake hands and say good by to those IP scanner.
1. Nmap is the grand father of all those scanner (not the oldest, but since it born, no single one scanner has ever beyond it's ablity)
2. Fast, Native code
3. Designed to be used in High class situation (cyber war).
Nmap can use Syn/XMas/NULL scan in a speed where you can see nowhere else . (except netcut)
Google AD Sense