Netcut flickering/memory leak

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 years ago.

• Author

M4cX1
    Participant

I have a problem with the netcut window flickering. When I open netcut, it starts normally and everything but after it starts, every 2-4 seconds it starts to flicker, the letters and everything, the whole netcut window. Then it flickers for 2-4 seconds and “calms down” for again the same time. Then again and again. I think it could be a refreshing issue. Because there are a lot of users on my network, I think netcut tries to refresh all the users on my network and list them all every couple of seconds. While it flickers it becomes unresponsive and unusable. So whenever I want to do something I need to do it fast, in that 2-4 seconds lasting window when it’s not flickering.
    Another issue is that I noticed it using a lot of my RAM. When I open it now, it uses around 110-120 MB of RAM, which is okay. But yesterday after it was open for some time, it jumped to 300 MB. One time before that it was open for even longer and it took 1.3 GB of my RAM!! Which is A LOT, and I assume it should’t be behaving like that.
    Other than those two pretty big issues, it’s a fantastic piece of software.
    But regarding those two issues, are there any fixes to that? Can I at least fix the flickering issue? You might also want to look into the memory leak problem, but it’s not a problem to restart the app every now and then, at least for me. I’m using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Thanks in advance!

M4cX1
    Participant

I’d just like to correct myself, only the list of users connected to the network are flickering, not the whole window.

admin
    Keymaster

this is by far the most detail and good sense of programming report I have seen. thank you.

Yup. the flicking part can be fixed by tune up the UI code.

memory issue: are you cutting someone ? or normal run it takes up 1.3GB mem?

we are under a new release rewrite for android. when it done. the windows version will update too. which should cover that memory part issue.

M4cX1
    Participant

No problem, it’s really a great piece of software, so any feedback I can provide – I will 😀
    The flickering fix, is it something you will do in a future release or is it something I can do also?
    I think it takes up the memory only when I’m cutting someone.
    Is it supposed to take more RAM as you cute more and more users?
    But now I’m starting to have even more issues.
    It crashes sometimes. When I try to start it it just say “Netcut has stopped working”. Sometimes it starts but crashes the same way after a couple of seconds of running. And sometimes it runs okay for half an hour and just crashes. Then my internet connection goes to hell and I have BIG trouble setting it up again. When the in-use crash happens.
    All in all, it would really be awesome if it were not for all these instability issues. Sometimes I cut a lot of users, could that be the problem? Something like a overload issue?

admin
    Keymaster

netcut start to send spoof packet at high speed when you cut . normally it does not require much mem.

yes, when you cut more person, it will take more memory. if your system can’t provide that mem, it will unstable.

new version will use memory pool to reduce this.

Do you use MFC or anything on windows?

M4cX1
      Participant

The memory part is not a big issue for me. I have 8 gigs of RAM so when netcut takes 1 GB it’s not a biggie for me.
      MFC? No, I don’t use it, not that I know of cause I don’t really know what it is 😀

admin
    Keymaster

no problem.

do you use c# or C++ or java ?

M4cX1
      Participant

Use them for what? I’m not sure what programming languages have to do with this xD

admin
    Keymaster

hmm, sorry I misunderstood you that you wanted to help program.

maybe you want to help test out changes?

The forum ‘Support forum netcut. Email support: [email protected] and Discord link below’ is closed to new topics and replies.

NetCut , arcai router, WIFI Speed control for MacOS X , Android and windows